Giving myself my own tarot reading today, using none other than the horoscope method and with my grandma's hand-me-down French cards from the 1960s. I needed to somehow tie it into astrology. Needed to.
I used to find tarot very strange and eccentric, but I've come to realize it can be extremely accurate and eye-opening.
It's a deeply personal thing, I know, but I just want to share what I drew as my Querent card, which is card thirteen, the "ruler" of the zodiac, placed in the center of the encircling twelve cards.
Le Pendu, Key twelve, is the Hanged Man. Not to be confused with Key Thirteen, Death, the Hangman may appear to be an awful omen at first site but in reality it's really exciting and wonderful, even if it's not related to life or death in particular. Pictured is a youth hanging upside down from a tree by one leg, with his other leg forming a cross, or a T. His hands are tied behind his back, and his shoulders leading down to his head form a perfect triangle shape. The cross with a triangle attached is a sign of the accomplishment of the Great Work. The apparent story of Key Twelve is that Odin had offered and sacrificed himself in the pursuit of knowledge. He hung for nine days, allowing himself to be totally vulnerable and sacrificed any opposition in order to gain illumination. All his money fell out of his pockets as he shed and conquered material temptations. After nine days, he looked at the ground and saw runes that had fallen from the tree, containing all the knowledge of the world. So, timelessly, he allowed himself to float and perceive the world from this different point of view, letting everything stand still in utter clarity, even though he knew it wouldn't last forever.
Key Twelve is opposite of the World Card, Key Twenty-One. The World Card represents the ability to infinitely move outward. So, conversely, the Hanged Man represents being able to infinitely look in, and gain insight so deep that sometimes one sacrifices connection with the physical world in order to be filled with this exactitude.
This card is ruled by Neptune (water), which is typically related to spirituality, dreams, imagination, and prophetic power.
Needless to say, I was really, really excited about this. My life lately has been very focused on letting go of things I cannot control, and often stepping back and reflecting. I used to be so worried about the past, or what's to come in the future, that I never gave myself up to the present moment and accepted the tangible purity right in front of my eyes.
Key words: Acceptance, Harmony, Self-Surrender, Suspension, Patience, Passivity, Wisdom, Transformation, Metaphysical, Power, Contemplation, Clarity, Enlightenment, Letting Go, Voluntary Regeneration, Vulnerability, Opportunity.
Just thought this was interesting.
Edit: Finished my reading, um, freaked myself the fuck out. So crazy. So fucking crazy. I love you Tarot. No, I hate you. Oh my God. What the fuck? The cards know. They KNOW.
Literally my life just aligned and made perfect sense. But only for like forty-five minutes. Now, I don't know. Too hard to explain. Why are you still reading this? Move along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment