Jonas Akerlund, the director of all the Lady Gaga music videos (among others), made the film SPUN in 2002. It was and still is his only full-length film. When I saw it for the first time in 2006, it changed my life.
Who woulda thought a tweaked out Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke, Jason Schwartzman and Debbie Harry would make for a filthy masterpiece.
Watching the movie for the first time made me wanna do meth, and then kill myself. This is my second favorite scene when the cook (known only in the film as "The Cook") calls up a prostitute to the meth lab hotel room without his girlfriend Nikki's knowledge.
-----------------------------------------------
"The dude had a fucking Lexus, he's not gonna ride my ass for fucking free. Get your shit together or I'm going back to Dial-A-Bun. No, you listen to me! Why don't you ever fucking listen to me?"
[a call girl is kicking the motel room door with her high heel as she argues on her cell phone with her pimp]
Nikki: "Honey, did you order over some bimbo bitch? She's at the door."
Cook: 'Just open up the god damn door.'
"You know, you were right, I was totally stressed out about Taco. I was thinking later maybe we could try out the new batch, maybe get a little nasty?"
'Mmmm, that's my girl. Lay that on ya, baby! Oooh. Now get the god damn door!'
"I am!"
[door opens]
call girl: [holds up a finger] "Hold on a sec. [turns back to phone] No cash or no fucking ass, alright? Get your shit together! You know what, I have a really bad fucking yeast infection and I'm still fucking working. Hold on. [to Nikki] Um. Are you gonna let me in?"
[Nikki stares, blankly]
"Honey, what the fuck are you looking at?"
'YOUR FUCKING WHORE BITCH FACE, BITCH!'
[slams door]
Call girl: "Fuck! You know what? I just got the FUCKING door slammed in my face."
[Call Girl pulls her panties out of her ass crack and stumbles away on her high heels]
Cook: "God damn. What's the problem?"
Nikki: 'You don't give a fuck about Taco, and you sure as hell don't give a flying fuck about me. All you care about is your stupid precious batch-o-fuck and maybe, just maybe, getting your fucking rocks off every now and again.'
"God damnit, don't start in with your psycho bullshit around here anymore. You wanna go back to Las Vegas with all them Gucci wearing motherfuckers?"
'You want me to go to Vegas?'
"I don't give a fuck if you go back to Florida, with all them fucking rich sugar daddies of yours. Just get your little white ass and get the FUCK out of my face."
'FUCK you!'
"Fuck you! Go back to your fucking mother, that fucking cunt."
'I would rather be anywhere, ANYWHERE, in whole fucking world right now other than this room waiting for you to fucking blow up the whole god damn place. Fuck you. Fuck you. FUCK YOU, MOTHERFUCKER! I can't stand this shit anymore. I can't believe you called a bitch up here, ordered her up like a god damn piece of pizza.'
"God damnit, I did it for you."
'You fuckin' did it for me?'
"What'd she look like, anyway?"
'FUCK YOU.'
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment