Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I feel. Part two.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" I asked.
'Yes. We all have them. Many of them though. From what I understand a soul mate is just a member of your soul family. Soul mates come and go; they are the ones we connect to, who teach us what we need to learn to grow as humans and in our spirituality. You, for instance, could very well be one of mine,' she said.
"That's a good way to look at it. Soul families! Your view on things is beautiful," I told her, adding, "I love you."


The things you have been telling me lately...I don't even know how to verbalize my adoration for you. Each of your five-page texts about me that I read, each of your little quips and wisdoms, sends a tiny shiver up my spine. You make me feel so good about myself, and give me the confidence to be excited about who I am.
They say that a person's eyes are a reflection of the soul. And every time I study yours, the honesty behind that saccharine shade of jade, I can feel my heart swell. Those eyes. A comely physical representation of everything beautiful in this world.

I used to be afraid of loving people. I used to avoid it. But not this time. You are something special. I have not felt such a strong connection to someone in a long, long time. It's so much more than anything physical; there is an unmistakable depth to us that we perhaps haven't even discovered the extent of yet. Though we haven't known each other for that long, as you said, the measurement of time is a man-made, arbitrary construct. It perhaps only takes a few instants to feel your soul intertwining with another.
I am grateful for each second I spend with you, whether you're near or far. Physical distance is nothing, as long as you have consistently beautiful communication. As you told me, though you are not here, you are with me. It's true, and I feel it.
"For every time you think about me, I am thinking of you too. Don't forget that." I won't forget it. In fact, every time I think about it, I can't hold back the flood of joy that overwhelms my senses.
I needed this, needed you. This happened for a reason. You have tumbled into my life at the best possible time. The happiness I feel from talking to you every day has seeped into all other areas of my life. I am more content, and feeling more positive in general. Your attitudes towards life are both inspiring and contagious.
(And yes, I swear will never change. As long as you promise do the same. Just as you are is just how I'd like you to always be.)

Te amo. For once, I'm not afraid to say it. Te amo, te amo. I love you.

1 comment: