I'm at a gay pride parade with a bunch of people; there are a lot of rainbow flags everywhere. A friend's best friend, whom I have never met, shows up and gives me a cigarette. We smoke. Though I have never heard this person's voice in real life, she strikes up a conversation, speaking as if with some authority. She looks cutely boyish, but not dyke-y. I appreciate "her type" of lesbian, though I am not experienced with them. Her voice is assertive, but also high-pitched and dainty. I am totally into it. I'm talking to her about all my recent life experiences, which include a lot of ridiculous stories about sex and liquor which I take pride in collecting. Each story she acknowledges with an uninterested "oh" or "that's cool..." I get a weird feeling she thinks I'm trying to impress her, and I freak out on the inside. Oh shit, I'm thinking, this girl barely knows me and she already hates me. I'm an idiot. I need to talk about something intelligent. I keep trying to make conversation, wracking my brain for something someone like her would appreciate discussing, but with each tangent trailing off and leaving this Girl more and more bored and/or turned off by me. I'm giving her my undivided attention, ignoring the parade, trying my best to get this intimidating character to see the real me, and appreciate my company. Mostly, she just listens, and she uses her words sparingly; but I feel each one is more powerful than the last. Some lady comes up to us, interrupting our conversation. She's holding a protest sign that says, "No Gay No Way!" She makes a remark about the Bible and how gay people don't deserve rights because they are sinners, reminiscent of one of my old Catholic School teachers. She then finishes with, "Oh, and get a room, dykes!" and walks off with a large crowd of marching people. Friend of a Friend turns to me and says, "Well I guess we should go get a room." Any underlying sexual motives are not apparent whatsoever. But I agree, with butterflies in my stomach, and we begin walking off to find "a room" to rent. She hands me another cigarette, which I recall specifically being a Pall Mall 100. She tells me, "Just be yourself, okay? Underneath all your bullshit I sense something magical. It's there. You know? Oh, hey, I heard you're a Leo rising..." And the dream ends.
What the fuck is with all this cryptic bullshit?
(And so continues my tangent of dreams about people I have never met that make it seem like they should hold some weight in my life.)
-----------------------------------------
Journal entry posts soon. Once again decided I don't care who reads them or what they're about. If any subjects read about themselves, so be it. It's all honest catharsis, and therapeutic self-exploitation. The only thing I worry about is making some people feel like I think more highly of them than they'd expect, just because I write about them sometimes. I know that's weird. I'm back and forth on it, but I really don't care now. I'm not apathetic, I'm just going through an "everything is a fucking joke" phase, which happens more often than usual lately. Right now I'm having a "Facebook? What a fucking joke. College? Fucking joke. Formspring? Joke. Blogs? Joke, joke, joke." moment. It's all a joke, but I'm not really laughing as much as I'd like to.
I've been writing a lot lately, but I haven't been feeling very creative. For example, my music production levels are at an all-time low. This is extremely troubling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Vision!
ReplyDelete