Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I have serious issues.

Does today define how I am growing as a person, or how I have seriously fallen into dangerous retrograde?

Today, after getting sufficiently stoned of course, we tried to attend Astronomy. Now, Astronomy has always been a big joke anyway so there's not really a reason we go except for some entertainment. Chortling, we try and stifle ourselves and take a seat in the back row of the auditorium, twenty minutes late. The guy next to me is slouched over himself, drooling on his chest. We already knew this next hour was going to be simply captivating.
We take out our notebooks to attempt to decipher some of what this strange, white-mustached man was trying to say, with little success. An excerpt from my notebook read:

[right under the shoddy sketch of a bong, held by a smurf]
Anticyclones are high pressure with nearly circular isobars. Air moves due to convergence

[the word "isboars" is circled crudely multiple times, with 'wtf?' written around it in several different types of scripts]

cinco-tron? cinkotrawn? cinquotrawn?

[i was too busy trying to figure out the spelling to understand what this elusive matter is]

[marked with several asterisks, as if what's below should somehow make a difference to me]
Jupiter's aurorae look like a shoe or a shallow bowl

[a crude picture of aforementioned objects]

Around this point in class, we stop paying attention and begin counting all the people in class that are sleeping. Then we counted all the people on Facebook. Then we had a game of guessing how old the professor was by writing guesses on eachother's paper. When I wrote "69" we exploded in inappropriate, immature laughter.

[lastly, I transcribed a quote from the professor that I found ridiculous and cryptic.
"Taking a cross country flight is like getting a chest x-ray. Or maybe half a chest x-ray...whether you know it or not. Seriously. The sonic bombardment will eventually give you cancer. Serious cancer."


Furious giggling.

Bring on the cancer, professor, because I'll take the first flight fucking out of here. Far, far away from your convoluted mess of a rant, on a subject that not only has no relation to me, but also is something totally unproven.
I'm having issues with school. Every five minutes or less, in this class I found myself asking "How do we know Jupiter's made up of metallic liquid hydrogen? How do we know what direction the sulfur wind is blowing in its atmosphere? Why would we care, even if we did know for sure?"

I don't know. This is all mindless rabble to distract myself from what's truly going on in my mind. I could just delete this, but whatev.

No comments:

Post a Comment