Since I'm a perpetual list maker (virgovirgovirgovirgovirgo), I decided to make a list of all the reasons why today was fucking badass.
-No sleep. Going on twenty four full hours of no sleep as of 4pm today, but this morning I've never felt so much unbridled creative energy. I'm getting a little bit tired now, and feel a caffeine burn-out coming on, but that's not the fucking point.
-I actually went to my 8am Psych class today, late of course. But it had it's benefits, even though I didn't pay a lick of attention during the lecture. As I was walking out of class (early, of course), a stranger followed me out and stopped me. He asked if I had a class next, and when I said no, he offered to take me for coffee. Why the fuck not. Before even asking my name, on the walk over he asked me my absolute favorite thing to be asked. "What size are your gauges?" Hot. He followed this with a compliment, "They look great on you." My favorite kind of compliment. Not creepy, like most guys who, for some reason, find it appropriate to compliment on my body. Um, gross. Anyway. Coffee is purchased and we sit down and have a stimulating two hour conversation. It flows freely, and silence is not awkward. He's extremely intelligent, and likes good music. He walks me to my class after, and instead of giving me a creepy guy-hug, or a half-perverted "give me your number, so I can call you for sex soon," we part with a fist bump. Yes. This kid is awesome. Glad he had the guts to follow me out of class.
-Today, my horoscope told me to give someone a lapdance. If that's not the best horoscope I've ever read, I don't know what is. I was so excited. This must happen. It's in the stars.
-Also decided to go to math for the first time in two weeks. This ended up being great, though. On the walk over, random girl I gave a cigarette to and also random other girl I let use my lighter both complimented my gauges. What is with people's fascination with my ears today? I honestly feel more comfortable with the gaping, irreparable holes in them now. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Physical compliments are few and far between. Not that it matters, but it's always nice to receive them. Always.
-Sitting down in math, late, I have to choose a random end seat in the auditorium. With my headphones still blaring, I pull them around my neck as I sit down. Immediately, the stranger girl next to me remarks, "Do I hear LesSins? Toss and Turn?" OMGWHAT?! I'm totally taken aback. This never happens!! Ever. No one at the U seems to ever listen to such things. I correct her. "Nah, but you're close. So close. Right now on shuffle I have the Causers of This album by---" She interrupts me. "Oh, Toro? Cool." Um hey, girl, I'm kinda in love with you already. And you don't even look like a hipster. Bonus points. We spend the lecture nonchalantly texting people and not paying attention. Halfway through, I bend over to reach in my backpack. Good music taste girl whispers "Woah, cute gauges." Oh my God. The ear fascination again. So stoked. "Thank you, I made 'em myself." Thank you, for putting the cherry on top of a perfect early afternoon.
-But no, it's not quite done getting better yet. Walking back to Trax, I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hey, you dropped this." A stranger shoves a five dollar bill in my hand. "Oh, wow, thanks!" We make brief eye contact and they walk away. I pull out all the money in my pockets to neatly fold away the $5. And what do I find? Well, after a quick count, I find that I'm five dollars richer than when I left home. Fucking awesome.
Hope this day continues in my favor. Maybe it's just stupid, silly things that are making me feel so good today, but a lot of little things have definitely added up to a big thing; a triumphant, lustful shout atop the mountain of life.
Warning: After listening to this you may be compelled to chant-sing "Bitte orca, orca bitte!" all day long. I know I did.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
February 24th, a day filled with lapdances and sleep-deprived win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fuckin' awesome.
ReplyDeleteUm, also, please let me know if you find anymore Les Sins. I only have "Lina," but I need mooore. So bad.
:)
ReplyDeleteI definitely will be on the look out for some! NeedmoreChazzzzz. Sucks it's so hard to find downloads.