Monday, June 7, 2010

Aronofsky.

I've seen it a hundred times, but Requiem for a Dream still absolutely guts me every damn time I see it.
Whether it's the actual context of the movie, or the situation I usually found myself watching it in, I'm not sure. I'm instantly transported back to 2008, instantly nauseous. Subtle proof that you can smother, obliterate demons, but never remove them completely. Tiny slivers of glass embedded under skin that you dig, dig, dig for, but never expunge. Skeletons in the closet that put on my dusty dresses to ask for an occasional dance in the slices of moonlight between the blinds.

1 comment:

  1. It is a hard hitter, one of the movies that never fails to stick icy thorns right into my heart.
    If you are a fan of Aranofsky then I'm sure you've seen Pi by now but if you haven't I recommend it. It's not nearly as accessible as Requiem but still very interesting.

    ReplyDelete